This post contains Affiliates Links. View the full Disclosure Policy for more information.
Dealing with Anxiety & Depression can be hard. I’m here to share 5 Self Care Tips For Anxiety & Depression. Mental illness has become more open to talking about among everyone now.
5 Self Care Tips for Anxiety & Depression
- Eating Healthy: Watching what we put in your body can affect your mood. For example eating processed food, fatty food, and having a high intake of sugar. Being mindful and eating more lean meat and veggies are good for your body. I know we may want to cook our food with more flavor but we have to be mindful of seasoning for salt intake.
- Journaling: Journaling can be hard as well in the beginning but refreshing in end. Just think about it, getting all those thoughts out of your head and putting it on paper. You don’t have to walk around with all that information in your head. Having a clear mind can decrease your anxiety & depression.
- Exercise: I know this isn’t for everyone but just think about it for a minute. It’s nothing like releasing bad energy via some good ole cardio. Believe it or not, exercise decreases anxiety and depression if done on a regular basis.
- Hobby: Making time for something you like will help you to stay out of a depressive state and or have anxiety. Hobbies can consist of oil painting, caring for plants, and or starting a business. The point of starting a hobby is to do something you like to occupy your time. Sometimes if we aren’t doing anything we can dwell on the past or think about the future.
- Be Present & Mindful: The root of anxiety and depression is thinking about the past and or too far into the future. Being present and mindful is being in the moment and taking in where you are at the giving time.
Similar Blog Post: